I'm Learning NOT to Burn the Soup ;)

Helllu Pussycats!!!

I have to admit, I have come a long in my soup making abilities over
the last year.  I have managed to get from "likely to burn it" to
"probably won't burn it" Hahaha! True story! ;)

I never been much of a "cook" and I will use that term loosely.
I just never really "got" it. I tried, but I couldn't enjoy it.
I don't really understand mixing flavours and I certainly
never understood the science of cooking.
Anyhow...after much trial and error I am happy to
say that I am much better in the kitchen then I was a year ago.
Practise, patience and following instructions (Imagine!) has indeed been
my recipe for success. I am no Julia Child don't get me wrong,
but I no longer fear the stove top :)

I improvised this soup on Wednesday and with help
of my dear hubby in regards to seasoning it (he is very good at seasoning, I am not)
and it came out great.
It was a carrot, sweet potato, peanut butter, coconut milk 
and curry puree soup.


Some have asked for a recipe which I don't really have
but I can let you know what I did :)

* 5 large-ish carrots
* 1 medium to large onion
* 2-3 teaspoons of veggie soup starter
* approx. 3 cups of sweet potato chunks
* 1 can of coconut milk
* 3-4 tablespoons of chunky peanut butter
* 2 tablespoons-ish of curry paste
* 1 tablespoon of curry powder
* 2 teaspoons of sweet chili sauce ( for a small zing)
* lots of salt and pepper

1. I chopped the carrot and onion into tiny pieces in
the food processor to sautee in the soup pot with a good
dose of olive oil. I like to use a lot of olive oil when sauteing
at the beginning.

2. I let that sautee for about 3 minutes then I added the finely chopped
sweet potato.

3. While the sauteeing was going on, I added the soup starter to about
 4 cups of water and brought it to a boil.

4. I then added the soup starter to the carrot/ potato and onion mix
along with the coconut milk, peanut butter, curry paste, sweet chili sauce, 
curry powder and some salt and pepper. I mixed it really well and got the 
 consistency nice and smooth but not too watery. I did add a bit of 
water but it was still on the thicker side.

5. I brought the soup to a low boil then let it simmer for about 15 minutes
adding salt and pepper to taste.

6. I then turned the heat off to let the soup cool for a while before
blending it in the blender. After about 10 minutes of cooling, I blended
the soup mixture to a thick puree.

7. I added it back to the pot and let simmer for about 15- 20 minutes.

8. Ta da!!! Done! :) I added a dollop of greek yogurt and it was deeee-lish!


It turned out so nice! The colour is amazing :)
I have to admit, I am not really a fan of sweet potato but I know it is good for me.
I found that this soup didn't have an overbearing sweet potato flavour at all.
It really was a nice mix of everything.

I hope you give it a shot and enjoy!! :)
Bon Appetite Pussycats!
Luv Weezi xo