Who Knew You Could Wash A Basket??

helluuuu Pussycats!!

Okay, so I will start this post by admitting that
sometimes I make things WAY more difficult
then they need to be.
True story ;)

I had this lovely basket that I used to hold our
toilet paper rolls in the bathroom.

Eventually, it had this constant white sort of
dust/ residue on it that I could never get off.


I tried vacuuming it and using a sort
of swifter type thing to clean it but nothing worked.
I used a little brush several times and I could never
get the darn thing clean.


It made me crazy every time I looked it.
I am not a clean freak by any stretch of the
imagination but I do like to finish what I started.

How on earth could toilet paper make so much
of a sticky dusty mess???
Made me nuts!
Not to mention I was totally miffed about what
to try next. It was my Granny's basket so tossing
it out was not an option at all.

So, what does a gal do when she has a pressing issue?
Call her Mum? No, I googled it :)

I found this great tutorial about washing baskets
 from One Good Thing By Jillee.
Yes. You can wash a basket.
I don't know why this didn't occur to me sooner.
Just wash it. So simple. I don't know why
I didn't think to just wash it.

You can read this helpful post about basket cleaning here.

So, I took her good advice and gave it shot myself.
It was a great success!

I gave it a light dip and swish and it came out
squeaky clean.


The water was indeed very dirty just like she said.
***


Now my basket holds a few pairs of shoes and
requires a lot less washing :)

I highly recommend giving this a shot if
you have a few baskets that are in need of some TLC.
Super fast and easy and a lot easier then
vacuuming them for hours on end ;)

Take care Pussycats!
Luv Weezi xo