DIY Jewelry Cleanser

Hellu Pussycats!

Today I bring to you a fabulous DIY cleaner :)
Tarnishing jewelry is a fact of life.
Costume jewelry is loads of fun and inexpensive 
but often the downside is that it tarnishes easily.

I have never really bothered with trying to clean costume
jewelry before until I started selling it in the Weezi studio.
I became much more aware of tarnish and wanted
 to be able to clean it here myself and also offer tips to
costumers about how to keep their purchase 
me looking top notch for as long as possible.

I had two chains in the studio that had tarnished.
Here is one of them....



After some searching online I found this wonderful post from


Using these everyday household ingredients 
you clean your costume jewelry at home :)
You will need:
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon dish soap
1 cup of water

She gives you very good step by step instructions.
You the heat the water first in the microwave
and then add your ingredients.
You add you jewelry and let it sit for about 10 minutes.


This is my solution.
I let the chains soak for about 15 minutes.
They came out OK but there was still
some tarnish. So, I added them to the water mix
again and let sit for another 10.
There was still some tarnish on both chains.

So I went back online for a plan B and
I found yet again another fabulous post from


She suggested toothpaste and had great success with
 it so I thought why not try it ?
I used Sensodyne and gave it a good rubbing.



After a minute or so, I rinsed the chain with cool
water and patted it dry. They both came out great!
The tarnish on both chains was gone.


I will highly recommend both applications
to all my friends and customers.

Happy Cleaning Pussycats!!
Luv Weezi xo