I Didn't Burn the Lasagna

I Did Not Burn the Lasagna....sort of.
Hellluuu Pussycats!

Onwards and upwards w my foray into "cooking".
I have gained a lot of confidence with my crock pot
over the last few weeks
and I am really looking forward to trying out more
fun recipes with that.
Yesterday I thought I would try a lasagna
in the oven.

All in all I think it was a success.
Big thanx to my patient Face Book friends who
helped guide me thru my "issues" w non cook noodles.

I used a combination of this recipe here and a Looney Spoons recipe here.
( BTW- if you don't about the Looney Spoons
gals check them out.
There have great & tasty low fat recipes
and they are Canadian :)...Hurrah!)

All in all lasagna is very easy...as most of you know.
I used a mixture of zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, onions,
broccoli and garlic tomatoes.
But, it is the flavouring what I struggle with.



I added loads of garlic, onions, salt & pepper...the basics.
I also added oregano, basil, garlic salt & brown sugar
plus, vodka spaghetti sauce in the with tomato mixture.
To me the lasagna is good but it isn't "wow".

I added all these ingredients in w the veggie tomato mix
as I sauteed the veggies and then simmered with the sauce.


I did not add anything extra to the cheese & spinach.
I used cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and mozzarella.


Layered it up and Bob's your Uncle :)

Voila!

Now, I did over cook the top a bit.
I did that on purpose b/c I prefer it over cooked.
I do the same to pizza.

So, in the end I am pleased.
However with all the spices that I added I just
thought it might have some more zing.
If any one has any suggestions or tips I
am all ears.

I will try again in a week or so.
Once I get a really tasty lasagna I would like to try cannelloni :)
Thanx so much Pussycats!!
I really appreciate the support.
Take care, Luv Weezi xo