Fright... Exit Stage Left!

Fright... Exit Stage Left!
Hellu Pussycats!

Lately I feel like I have some sort of
creative "stage fright".
Not so much a creative "block" but "stage fright".
It is like I have all these ideas but just before I start
to go ahead with them I stop, rethink and second guess myself.

I over analysize it and then sort of talk myself out of it.
I have been creating and sewing for a long time
and never had any real trouble with my creativity.
I guess it was bound to happen at some point.

I have been thinking about what to continue sewing and selling and what to discontinue.
 I think I am having some trouble with my direction.
I have to let go of some things that I like to make but they
aren't selling well and it is time to move on.
Hard to do when everything I make has 
some kind of attachment for me.
I know it might sound strange to some but I have a small emotional attachment to
everything I make b/c it is a reflection of me.
Even the smallest change purse comes with a sense of pride for me.
The whole process is extremely personal.
Does that makes sense?


Anyhow- I decided the other night to make
some inspiration charts to help
work out this creative "kink".


Pay no mind to my horrible sketches.
I can't draw or sketch to save my life.
I nearly failed drawing in Fashion School.
The teacher took pity on me and gave me a  50% so I would pass.
No doubt an effort to keep me from returning to her class!



I went thru a bunch of my 
vintage patterns and picked out some that I want to work with as well.


I have to say this did help and I feel much more
energize and less "fearful".
I need to throw caution to the wind and just
start sewing!
***

Have a lovely Wednesday Pussycats!
Be in touch! Luv Weezi xo

1 comment

Liz Noonan said...

oh Weezi, I feel for you! it is so hard when you love to make something, but it's not a great seller. I love seeing all that you make - you have such a fun, playful style! xoxo!