Judy Blume + Esther Williams = Swim Caps

Judy Blume + Esther Williams = Swim Caps
Hellu Pussycats!
When I was in grade 7 or 8 I read and loved
Starring Sally J.Freedman As Herself 
By Judy Blume.

 I worshiped Judy Blume! What adolescent girl didn't?
I had never heard of Esther Williams until I read that book.
It was one of many defining moments that helped solidify my obsession with 
the 1940's and the 1950's.

 
I went to the library to learn more about Esther Williams
(very pre google!)
and not only was I amazed by her beauty but I
was drawn immediately
to some of the swim caps she was wearing.
See where this is going???

Yep! Today is about the love of swim caps.
I own a few and the crazier the better!!

On Luxury Divas I found these..


 ( they do ship to Canada)
***


***

The petals on this are fantastic!
***
These photos are just to enjoy....
above photos found thru google searches.

This image is courtesy of  My Vintage Vogue
Thank you!!!
***
Have a great weekend Pussycats!
Be in touch! Luv Weezi xo

4 comments

Katie said...

Have you seen the cosmetic bags made out of old-school swim caps, by Raspberry Jam Design? Check 'em out -- made in Lunenburg, NS.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Love this post! I was a big Judy Blume reader as a youngster, and went through a similar 1940s/Esther W/swim cap fascination.

Weezi.com said...

OMG! I read that book probably 3 or 4 times the summer.
Thank you so much for writing Katie and Karen!!!
**
Those cosmetic bags are AWESOME!
It looks like their site is down but I will follow up on that for sure.
Have a great weekend!!!
xo

CapricornOneVintage said...

I also loved Judy Blume books, I remember in 6th grade when the teacher would leave the room, we'd whip out 'Forever' and take turns reading it out loud to the class. It's a wonder we never got caught. hehe.
I also love the swim caps....so cute!
Oh, I nominated you for a Sunshine Award!
go here to see what it's about
http://capricornonevintage.blogspot.com/2010_03_13_archive.html